Have you been injured in a bicycle accident in Pensacola? Being struck by a motor vehicle on your bicycle could leave you with debilitating injuries. You deserve to seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and lost quality of life from the driver who hit you and from other liable parties.
At Cardoso Law, PLLC, our bicycle accident attorneys protect the interests of people hurt by somebody else’s negligence and pursue accountability from those who injure our clients. We understand the anxiety and stress you experience after a Pensacola bicycle accident. When you contact us, you can expect a caring, compassionate approach. We take the time to listen to your story and provide you with the assistance you need as you recover from your personal injuries. You can reach out to us whenever you have a question and expect a prompt response.
A Pensacola bicycle injury attorney can help you understand your legal options for financial recovery and what to expect throughout the compensation claims process. With our law firm in your corner, you can focus on treating your injury and returning to regular life after a devastating Pensacola bicycle accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Bicycle Accident Claim in Florida?
Following a Pensacola bicycle accident, you have limited time to file a lawsuit against a driver or other party at fault for the accident. Florida’s statute of limitations typically gives you only four years from the date of a bicycle accident to file suit. In addition, if you have a bicycle accident claim against the state or a local government, Florida law requires you to provide notice of your claim to the appropriate agency within three years of the accident.
Filing a lawsuit after the statute of limitations expires means the court can dismiss your bicycle accident case on the at-fault driver’s motion. If the court dismisses your case, you will lose your rights to demand financial recovery for your Pensacola bicycle accident injuries.
Do not wait to speak to a dedicated Pensacola bicycle accident lawyer from Cardoso Law, PLLC, to ensure that you file your personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation in time.
Recoverable Compensation in a Pensacola Bicycle Accident Lawsuit
A bicycle accident lawsuit can provide you with compensation for expenses and losses you incurred due to your injuries and property damage, including for:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses, including hospital bills, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, physical/occupational therapy, or medical supplies and mobility equipment.
- Long-term care expenses such as home health care or installation of disability accommodations in your home if you suffer permanent disability or impairment.
- Loss of income or future earning potential if you cannot work due to injuries or disabilities.
- Physical pain and emotional distress.
- Disabilities or permanent scarring/disfigurement that reduce your quality of life.
- Repair or replacement expenses if your bicycle suffered damage in the accident.